5 Benefits to Email Newsletters
One of the most underutilized platforms in the digital marketing toolbelt is the email newsletter. Its another great way to interact with your audience on an ongoing basis. With statistics on who opened the message, as well as what links they clicked, it can allow sales and marketing teams to target hot prospects efficiently.
Here are five quick benefits of doing an email newsletter
1. Staying Top of Mind – It’s easy go off the radar with customers that you are not talking to on a regular basis. Depending on your sales cycle, you might go weeks, months, or even years without having a purchase from an account. Having an email that they can receive from your team on a regular basis will keep your brand on their mind.
2. Become a Thought Leader – Your customers come to you because you have specific knowledge relating to your industry. An email newsletter is a great way to continue to position yourself as a thought leader amongst your competition. Sharing news, opinions and tips/tricks in a newsletter positions you as knowledgeable resource.
3. Quick and Inexpensive – Email marketing is one of the best ways to get bang for your buck (and time). Once you have developed a template for your email newsletter, its very inexpensive to deploy each individual send. Its a great way to impact your reach without digging deep into your marketing budget.
4. Analytics and Data – How many people heard that radio ad you did? Or how about the advertisement in the trade publication? While other mediums can provide you with estimates on your audience, email newsletters provide real, solid data on how viewers interacted with your content. See how many, and who, opened your email, clicked on links, and continued onto other web content of yours.
5. A Soft Sales Pitch – A newsletter shouldn’t be a direct sales pitch in and of itself. For some of the reasons listed above, you want to provide useful information through your ongoing email sends. That said, there is no reason that you cant use an email newsletter to try and spur additional sales through soft pitches. For instance, if I were going to sell to you right now, I might suggest you contact our team to learn more about setting up your own email newsletter template (nudge nudge, wink wink).